Evolution Racewerks 535i N54 (3.0TT) Diverter Valve Charge Pipe
- Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
- Compatible with factory diverter valves or aftermarket factory style diverter valves.
- Lightweight High Grade 6061 Aluminum Piping.
- Throttle body matched 3" piping.
- Retains factory style o-ring throttle body lock flange. Precision CNC machined throttle body flange ensures leak free connection to throttle body. Quick and easy connection and disconnection to throttle body. Ideal connection compared to the silicone hose and hose clamp connection found in all other aftermarket diverter valve upgrade pipes available in the marketplace.
- Precision CNC machined MAP sensor flange ensures leak free connection.
- Diverter Valve Charge Pipe features beaded ends and T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Factory diverter valve sound baffle, which causes turbulence in the factory pipe, is removed.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth and OEM look). Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler piping. Resists bent or dented piping.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Optional TIAL Q Blow Off Valve available in 5 different colors (black, polished silver, red, blue and purple).
- Optional Synapse Synchronic Blow Off Valve now available!!!
- Optional HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve now available!!!
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Again, another parts development directly from our 135i Time Attack racing program. The factory diverter valves were causing an issue of not being able to hold up against the rigors of high boost application, therefore they needed to be replaced. Thus attention was brough to the factory diverter valve pipe and the need to optimize for maximum performance on a race car facilitated the need for a new pipe to be built. Often ignored, charged intake airflow characteristics greatly affect throttle response, turbo lag and ultimately maximum power potential. Smooth bends and minimal obstructions are ideal. This is not the case with the factory diverter valve charge pipe. On the factory diverter valve chargepipe features a sound baffle for the diverter valves. This sound baffle is connected on the side of the factory diverter valve charge pipe which splits airflow. This causes turbulence inside the pipe which slows the charge intake air velocity (speed of the air traveling inside the pipe). By removing this turbulence (by eliminating the factory diverter valve sound baffle), increased throttle response, decrease turbo lag and ultimately higher maximum power potential can be realized. Our Diverter Valve Charge Pipe eliminates this sound baffle and thus eliminating the unneccesary turbulence in the diverter valve pipe, keeping charge intake air velocity at it's maximum. Apparrently, BMW thought the same thing as later model (2009-10) did not come with this baffle.